Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thanks Chelsea.

You may have noticed that a couple of months ago I quit blogging. My lack of writing went far beyond this blog. Throughout my life as a "writer" I have gone through phases where putting my thoughts down in one space seems impossible. It happens the most when I feel my emotions take a roller coaster ride and that seems to have been the case lately. Life has been changing a lot for me and it has taken some time for me to just let go and let God lead. I guess that is what this walk of grace is all about, learning daily to rely on God. Another issue causing this block is the fact that I began to question why I do what I do. By that I mean, pursuing writing and reading. For some vain, self-deprecating reason after another I started to question why I was an English Lit major, or in school at all, why I wanted to be a writer and so on. In the midst of all of this doubt I began to vent to my sister and her friend. I went on about how I had such a passion for expressing my ideas in written words and that I wanted to change the world through the art of the English language. Yet, at the same time I could not write because I felt it did not matter to anyone. This is when my sister's friend looked up at me and said, "it matters to me." She then went on to explain how she checked my blog to make sure she did not miss anything I would post. I do not think she will ever understand how much those four words meant to me. My cry in life has always been to matter to someone else, to have my words embrace another person's soul.

To see this ink on paper stirs my heart
Straight black lines open my soul
To be so bare for all to see

Hearts beat right out our chest
Laying there with such unrest

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman