Saturday, May 22, 2010

At this point in time I am employed at a tire shop. No, I do not change tires. I manage the office and attempt to keep track of the tire guys. I am the only female that works there and I love it. I hate drama, gossip and other girly things. For the most part the guys there treat my like a princess and if you know me you know I do not mind the attention. :) Most of that is beside the point of this post. Sitting in that office gives me a lot time to think and I have a tendency to let my thoughts wander. Day after day I see these guys trapped in a life they hate. I watch them make meaningless conversations and fill voids with empty vices. I see them work 60 hour weeks to barely make ends meet. Watching this weighs heavily on my mind. I hate seeing people in what seems to be a hopeless situation. I do not think they are trapped simply because of where they work. It is just that I know that no matter where I work, go to school or preform any activity in life I belong to God and I walk in His calling. Aside from my boss, none of the men working there walk with the Lord. It just breaks my heart to see people searching for something when the answer is right in front of them. Often, I find myself trying to explain to them why I am happy with my life and I feel like they cannot understand. It has little to do with what I am doing but rather why I am doing it. It is my prayer that the life I lead leaves a mark on the people I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman