Wednesday, August 18, 2010

For the past couple days I have been going through the things in my room. This has really made me think about what a person of excess I am. My life is so cluttered with things I do not need yet still seem to want to hold onto. Often I let the things I surround myself with control who I am. I would like to believe I need no material things to fulfill who I am. I am not trying to say that I want to go off into the woods to live in solitude. I just wish I lived a life that at any given moment I could rid myself of all material things and start over but I can never seem to let go. Looking at all I own also began to bring into perspective how much I do not try to rely on God. I attempt to fill my life with things instead of letting my life overflow with the grace and love only found in the Creator's arms. The Maker of heaven and earth wants to be my provider yet I try to make do on my own. The One who put the stars in the sky request to be my guide and I feel I can do it on my own. Why do I think such foolish thoughts? I have no doubt that God created me and therefore knows my every fiber, yet I tend not to trust that He can take care of me. The creator of something is the one that knows how to take care of it best. Why then do I try to tell God what I need and how things should be? I just need to let go and let God flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman