Monday, August 30, 2010

And the wheels continue to turn...

So much has happened in the past several days I am not even sure where to begin. School is always a good place to start. I started my second year at LSU and my third year of college overall last week. So far, I really am enjoying school. I have a great feeling about this semester. I think it has something to do with being further along in my college so I am really taking the classes that interest me. Beyond the school aspect, I do believe good things are going to happen this semester. I just want to be an instrument that allows God to play His music to all the hurting people around me. I do not want to sit in the back of class to simply take notes. I no longer want to hide out in the library only speaking to people I know. I just want to rest in the freedom that is God and let Him lead. It is when I line my life up with the freedom of the Father that everything else falls into place. No, I am not saying I expect anything to be easy but I know I will not be alone. The past few years I have really let fear of rejection chain me down. I refuse to let that happen anymore. I just need to stand up in the face of past hurt and pain and say no longer will I have you in my life. I know all of this easy to say I am going to do it, but not always as easy to walk in it. I know that I must walk in freedom.

Moonlit talks
heavy hearts
easy souls
spoken words
unheard pleas

Faceless thoughts flash the screen
Hearts laid out
Blind ambition, no one sees

Figures walk past
Background noise they become
To engage with souls is my plea
Speaking to hearts is what I dream
More than a moment I wish to be
Empty smiles surround me
Lost glances are what I see
To be more than a shadow is my call

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman