Sunday, April 25, 2010

Right now I should be working on stuff for school, but my mind is a million places. I figured I would give myself some breathing time and do what I do best, ramble. It is a beautiful day today. I would love to sit in the park and eat some grapes but I guess I have to wait 3 more weeks to do that. School always becomes a difficult task for me at this time of year. When the weather warms up my mind says summer and summer means reading for pleasure not for work. But I guess I just have to push through and as someone once told me, "grind for it." Another problem that comes along with this apathy is when I feel this way I begin to question everything. I guess I am just looking for an excuse not to do what I need to. When I do not want to do school work, I let my mind wander into questioning what it really means to get a formal education. I start quoting Earnest Gaines' A Gathering of Old Men. Saying things like it is not a class room which teaches us but rather a life lived well. Then I have to remind myself that it was in a classroom that I learned about A Gathering of Old Men being anti-education. I wonder how Gaines feels about that? When it comes down to it I am very thankful to be at LSU. Many people would love the opportunity to receive a formal education from an university. I just wish I could get my mind to focus and get all of my school work done. I guess that is what I shall go do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman