Thursday, April 29, 2010

Am I the only one that finds myself getting angry when God answers prayers? I know that sounds silly but hear me out. Lately I have been praying for God to realign my sights for Him. I have been asking God to show me the areas of my life that need to be adjusted back toward Him. Then when I start seeing signs of the areas that need change I want to throw a fit and make excuses for why I need those things in my life. I find myself wanting to tell the creator of the universe what would work best for me. When putting in words in front of me it all sounds so silly. I just wish it would seem just as silly when I am living out my life. I truly long for all that I do to be pleasing to God. My hearts desire is to live a life worthy of His call. Yet, at the same time I feel like such a double minded being because I find myself wanting to live by my rules and guidelines. I guess I just need to give up and give in to the grace of God that surrounds my life.

Here I am, broken, alone.
I would say sorry,
To the king of kings,
It simply is not enough.
Words cannot mend,
Hearts must be pieced.
Emptiness I sought,
Emptiness I wrought.
I received what I brought.
Your grace is sufficient for me,
Your grace is all I need.
Hold me like a the infant I am.
Feed my soul, restore my life.
There Once was a time I ran,
now to barely crawl I pray.
Kneeling at the foot of the cross,
Your blood runs clean.
I feel it invade my every depth.
The pieces which were,
Are now the whole of me.
You paid the price,
For my shortcomings.
Never did I deserve it,
Never did you deserve it.
It was my hands which pierced and bruised perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman