Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Too many nights I have cried

Too many days I have lied

Telling you I was strong enough

Telling you I was tough

My heart is breaking and my mind cannot take it

I cannot keep running

My feet are blistered and my head isn’t clear

I just want to know you feel the same pain

--------------------------------------

I hear your voice

It’s calling my name

Yet I run like mad

I need to belong just to be found

Yet I run like mad

Hiding and crying

Pleading and dying

My lover’s delight is where I need to set my sight

Distractions twist me and turn me

Trying to stand strong

All I need is to fall to my knees

-----------------------------------

Broken pieces that will never be the same

Shattered hearts and slamming doors

God pull us all out

The building is on fire and we cannot get out

Left with only our screams

Can anyone hear these cracking voices

No comments:

Post a Comment





Words Words Words. Life to my weary bones. –Darren Hudman